Tuesday 31 May 2011

Laura Ann Burgess

I'm 20 years old. I live in Edinburgh and I think I like girls.

I suffer from depression, I was diagnosed in August 2009. I'm currently taking Sertraline although I've been on Citalopram, Fluoxetine and Mertazapine.

I am engaged to a boy called Wayne Connachan and although I love him very dearly and we live together and we're planning our life out; I feel I may be making the wrong decision. My worst fear is that if I go ahead with my current relationship and Wayne and I end up having children that our kids are going to have a father and two mummies. That's no way for any child to grow up in, hopefully in the future homophobic abuse with have ceased to exist. However, for the present I'm not sure if I could do that to my child.

I'm so very confused. Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted children. Of course to produce a child you need both a female and male participant. If I am to choose a life of only female sexual partners then I will never physically be able to create another life form. When I was 16 I often thought about going to a sperm donor. If I was in a lesbian relationship and it was something she wanted then I would be fairly happy to go along with my original plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment