Friday 16 July 2010


I have set those free, who I do not need, in order to get a tighter grasp on those I do. I have gone down roads without destinations, to accidentally stumble upon heaven, and bits of hell. Miles of concrete gobbled up by underbellies of cold machines, and at my lowest points, I have counted my blessings. am okay with loss now. I am okay with picking up the pieces. And I am definitely okay with trying. Minutes and hours have passed where I have felt nothing but content inside this heart, and in that, I am okay with crossing out calendar days, which held moments of despair. Because I have realised: after the storms have passed, and the earth is busy dissolving the aftermath, darkness falls, and in the mean-time, the sun will always peak over the horizon. I will have a child’s eyes, seeing everything for the first time, and everything will be beautiful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment